ONE OF THE OLDEST WEB COMPANIES IN THE UK
WE DEVELOPED OUR FIRST SITE WAY BACK IN 1997, ONLY A YEAR AFTER THE WEB WAS RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC.
We focused on the tourism industry and developed major web applications for a number of tourist boards.
In 2000, founder Malcolm Mactavish was appointed as lecturer in web technologies by Abertay University in Dundee. He spent fourteen years researching emerging web technologies and teaching students to produce fantastic web sites. However, in 2013, he came back to private practice to put some great ideas into action.
FROM DEVELOPER TO PUBLISHER.
MMC Interactive isn't really in the business of developing individual web sites for organisations.
Although we can and will do that, MMCi has become a publisher.
Our main application is centred upon activity-based tourism. It uses our years of experience to achieve real, tangible, results for subscribing organisations.
Why Proper Data Architecture Is Important.
We understand that a shiny visual design is only a very small part of our job. To build web applications that really work, they need to be designed from the inside out. Our applications have a strong foundation, based upon:
- a properly designed data architecture; we can redesign without having to revisit the underlying structures,
- sound coding using the latest standards and properly formed semantic html; our webs work in all browsers, and search sites understand our content,
- a high degree of accessibility; everyone can access our applications. Apart from anything else, an accessible web page is one that search sites can also access,
- ‘responsive design’: our applications work equally well all devices. In fact, we were developing web pages for phones way back in the year 2000!,
- solid content based on effective marketing; including funnelling systems leading to solid calls to action,
- terrific backup; when you have a question, we're here to help!
Malcolm is our Director Principal. He has a solid background in business and in the application of technology.
He was one of the UK’s first Chartered Marketers, and has been vice-chair for Scotland of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
He also has impeccable credentials in web development. Bringing these two major strands of business together provides a combination that is irresistible.
Lyndsey is our Director of Adminstration. She has a background in the sciences and studied both Astrophysics and History at the University of Edinburgh.
She takes great pride in keeping the business ship-shape.
Isn't it obvious that problems cost time to fix? Time that can be better used in moving forward? And that even if problems are fixed, trust and reputation might have been damaged?
New customers are more costly to find than new customers are to retain. So keeping our clients and users satisfied makes perfect sense!